Day 37: Family History (6/28)


Almost every year, Grandma Schluge's sisters come down to Oklahoma to stay a few days. They came down during this week because on July 4th my grandma is having a rather large family reunion and they both wanted to be a part of the family gathering.

Grandma's sisters are Rita and Lori. They are my grand-aunts. It is a joy to come over and spend the day with them; what is just what Gavin and I did today.

In this picture, my mom made lunch and they all sat down to talk about family history. Mom has The History of Our Family book which she is determined to fill out properly and to the best of her ability. With "the girls" around the table she figured she can get a lot of family history.

It started out, who was born when, when and who did they marry and a lot of when did they die questions. It has turned in to a remember when session. It is so interesting to listen to them talk about the past and tell stories about the past.

I enjoy these days and I hope that Gavin will one day grow up and have the same opportunities to listen to remember when stories about our family and it's past. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment