Day 25: Morning Nap (6/16)


Thank you to my loving husband for snapping this picture while we slept.

During the summer, Rennie and I have the most wonderful schedule. Because we are both teachers we do not have to work. This allows us to both spend time with Gavin.  Our greatest idea came when we were trying to figure out how to get the most sleep!!

Every other day, I have to get up with Gavin. The other days, I get to sleep in. Gavin usually is like clockwork, he wakes up at about 7 AM. Who's ever day it is has to get up right away, as to not disturb the parent that gets to sleep in. Gavin likes to play with his toys and eat breakfast. Around 9 AM he is ready for his first nap (YEA!!). 

When it's my turn I usually give him a bottle and lay down with him on my Mom and Dad's bed. A lot of the time a gentle rub or a light pat, helps Gavin fall asleep faster. I had done this today and once Gavin falls asleep, I GET TO TAKE A NAP!

Today, Gavin moved around a lot. I guess at one point in our nap, I put my hand on him to make sure he didn't fall off the bed. Usually when he moves around I awake because I am so scared that he will crawl right off the bed. The little dare devil. I am sure I was extra nervous today because you can see he was very near the edge of the bed.

When we were asleep, Rennie woke up and usually knows where to find us after 9 AM, he came in saw this wonderful momment and took a picture. I don't look the most comfortable but I was able to nap and keep Gavin on the bed, that's all that really matters in my book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment