Day 21: Whoosh Softball (6/12)


Another Saturday, another tournament. Our softball team is from all over the state of Oklahoma. I love the team name, Whoosh. I don't know where it came from honestly, it started out as an opposing team's name. We ended up picking up some of those players up and our name became Whoosh.

We started some, for lack of a better word, cheers today that hopefully will stay with us in the coming years. When a player hits a home run we now yell, "Put in the book, Whoosh" and as we all "good job" each other after the game we just say "Whoooooooooooosssssssssssshhhhhhh."

I have always enjoyed the traditions or what some may call superstitions of the game. I have some of my own. One you can never, ever step on a foul line when crossing on or off the field and two the bats in the dugout cannot be crossed! I know silly superstitions; they probably don't help my game but I can't seem to let them go. It's just part of the game.

I am tired, it's 11:23 PM right now, we played 5 games in the Oklahoma heat, made the two hour drive home and the second thing I do is sit here and blog, the first was put my baby boy to bed.  So if this blog seems to jump from one subject to the next, please forgive me, I am tired.

Before I finish my post I do wanna give a shout out to my Whoosh my players. So I can remember the team I played with today.  In line-up order:
  1. Damond
  2. Kritter
  3. Cheyenne
  4. Margo
  5. Jeremy
  6. Me!
  7. Rennie
  8. Netta
  9. A.J.
  10. Amber
  11. Lance
  12. Erica
Go Whoosh!

1 comment:

  1. good job on winning yesterday! so glad that we are apart of such a great group of people!

    ReplyDelete