Day 33: Uncle Greg's Birthday (6/24)

This is my cousin, Ava. She is my dad's brother's daughter. It's really not that hard to figure out but it seems that a lot of people (maybe just Oklahomans) like to give a family tree explanation for each relation.

I like just cousin.

Today or rather tonight (does it really matter?!) my family went to Uncle Greg and Aunt Shanda's home to celebrate my uncle's 42nd 29th birthday. They have two daughter's Allisha (who is in high school) and Ava, she's four. There is a wonderful story about how Ava came into the family and I would like to tell small part of it.

My aunt wasn't feeling well. She was having stomach pains and thought that she had some kidney stones. She went to the doctor and told about her about the pain. (Apparently, it's routine to run pregnancy test on all women under a certain age, whether they claimed to have started/gone through menopause.) After she was checked out and test(s) were ran, the doctor comes back to tell her surprise, surprise she's pregnant. But not only is she pregnant but she's SIX MONTHS pregnant.

Aunt Shanda tells the story much better but this is a public site and I don't want to go into detail about other people's life. But she always ends it the same, "Now I know why God gives women nine months because three months is not enough time!"

Back to my post, (I seem to be wandering more and more lately. Maybe that's why some of my posts are so long) we all enjoyed an evening of family and fun. With family sometimes so close it's hard realize how much you don't get together. It seems that after each get together we always say, we need to do this more and this was fun.

I have a few more pictures from tonight that I want to share. I really couldn't chose just one!



No comments:

Post a Comment