Day 12: The Stairs (6/3)


Please forgive me for the poor quality of the picture. I was worried he would fall back, therefore was rushed. Believe me this is one of the better pictures!

My parents house is a two-story house, this is the first time Gavin has ever been around stairs. We did have ONE step in the rent house and Gavin liked to go up and down on it. However, I was not prepared for his LOVE of climbing stairs. I also wasn't prepared for my fear of the stairs either.

It started the first day we had moved in, I was upstairs putting together the crib when my Dad said, "Here we come." I looked out of the room and my Dad is looking down. Gavin had, on his first attempt, climbed all 18 steps.

Since that first accomplishment, we have put a baby gate in front of the stairs. And whenever Gavin thinks he wants to climb the stairs, he will wonder over there and as soon as he sees the baby gate, he will throw a huge tantrum. It's actually his "I am hurt" cry.  Gavin never cries! Well I shouldn't say never, you've seen Gavin and he likes his food, he does cry when he's hungry.

Anyway, I am just saying Gavin isn't picky as to what happens around him. He's pretty easy-going, so this comes as a surprise that he gets so upset about something. He must really love climbing those stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment