Day 22: Mountain Dew (6/13)


Rennie loves Mountain Dew. Seriously. It's the only thing he ever drinks.

Now maybe that's a lie, he does drink Gatorade, maybe even water when we are playing softball or he's been outside all day. Or when we go to a restaurant that doesn't carry Mountain Dew, he will drink Dr. Pepper or Root Beer but other than that it's Mountain Dew.  (We have been known to go to certain restaurants because they carry Mountain Dew and not for the food.)

I like the to tell about the time during Lent in which Rennie completely gave up Mountain Dew. Cold turkey. If I recall he went about a week and a half before he came to me and said, "Emily, look at me. I am shaking. I can't physically do this!" From that point on during Lent Rennie limited himself to one Mountain Dew a day. The shakes and the headache went away.

He's addicted, I know that and he knows that. Right now I have FIVE cubes of Mountain Dew in the back of my Jeep because they were on sale and Rennie knows that they will not go to waste. That's 120 cans of Mountain Dew!! That's not counting the bottles of Mountain Dew that Rennie is guaranteed to buy at a gas station. Rennie likes to drink out of the bottle better anyway. That is a lot of Mountain Dew.

Not only is it a lot of Mountain Dew, but a lot of cans and bottles. I find the things every where. You name it I've found a can or bottle there. Some odd places that I've found a can or bottle would be under the bed, the bathroom, Gavin's changing table. Sometimes they are half full and forgotten about. I can always tell when Rennie has driven my Jeep, there is a Mountain Dew left behind.

It's an annoying addiction but it's really part of who Rennie is.

1 comment:

  1. I love Mountain Dew! Code Red as well- but I have had to give it up- it's soo bad for you!

    ReplyDelete