Day 4: ESPN: The Magazine (11/4)


My Dad knows me so well.  

About two weeks ago, I recieved a postcard saying "You have a gift coming. Monica and Gary have ordered you ESPN: The Magazine. Your gift will begin coming soon."

Honestly my first thought was "Oh, wow! My mom is so sweet." I say this because my birthday was in August and she was asking what I wanted. I had told her that I would love to have a subscription to ESPN: The Mag. So please don't condemn me because I thought of my mom and not my dad.

My mom was on va-kay {for like the fifth time this year!} so I couldn't call her right away to thank her. Sorry, again I didn't think of my dad...

I am starting to sound like a horrible daughter. However, before you think that let me tell you a little things about my dad. I think for the most part my mom is the gift buyer for us girls in our family. Sometimes my dad doesn't know until my mom wraps it what they had gotten us for the special occasion.  Soooooo, my thought process was that if I called my dad to thank him he would say, "For what?"

My mom comes back {again from like her seventh va-kay} and I started to thank her for The Mag, and she says, "I didn't order it for you." 

WOW,  my Daddy knows me so well.

He didn't even know that I had asked for the magazine or that I even wanted it. 

My Dad knows me so well.
I love him and I love the things he does to still surprise me.

I do want to say that ordering me that magazine was a huge disadvantage to him.
I am kicking his but in our NFL game day picks...

No comments:

Post a Comment