Day 63: My Bruise (7/24)


I didn't take this picture, I stole it from Tracey Rodgers'  facebook page. However, since she was the girl to hit me I'm thinking it's an even trade!!

Today we played ASA State softball at Enid. It was my first women's tournament to play. It was so much fun, much more fun than I thought it would be. We played Friday night, Saturday and into Sunday.

I received this bruise courtesy of our left handed swinger, Tracey Rodgers. Here's what happen:

I was the only runner on the bases when Tracey comes up to bat. I am on first and she takes a huge swing. I see it coming down the line and my only two thoughts are:

1. I am going to get hit.

2. I have to stay on the base so that I am part of the bag and not be called out.

So I turn my body into the ball and shut my eyes. I hear it hit my leg and I stand there thinking, "Damn it, it really did hit me!!" 

Then I hear everyone yelling at me to run. So off to second base I trot and arrive safely.

I now have this love bruise to show for Tracey's and my efforts!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so sorry!!! I am, however, flattered to make your blog! lol! You are a tough cookie to stand there and take that, I know that hit was solid!! There aren't many that would not have taken that for the team! You use that picture any time you want to, you earned it!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete