Day 56: Silly Bandz (7/17)


I am sure that if you have kids or you work with kids you know what Silly Bandz are. (Of course, I had no idea of the official name, I had to Google it before I started my post.)

It seems like every kid and most teenagers are wearing one or two now adays. I have seen some adults wearing them, even some men.
They are rubber bands that are special shaped. You wear them on your wrist and they never lose their shape. Silly Bandz come in tons of shapes and colors. It's a pretty creative idea. There is no rhyme or reason to the Bandz, they are just cool! 

You're just supposed to wear them on your wrist. You can trade them with friends and get all kinds of different shapes.

I have always wanted a few but I thought, "I am 27 years old and I am not walking into a store to buy Silly Bandz!"

So the next best thing, steal one from a girl!!

OK I didn't actually steal it from Taygen. She kinda gave it to me or I made her feel bad and she gave it to me in guilt! Either way, I got my first Silly Bandz!

When I went to Walmart today, I came across the display of Silly Bandz and stood looking at it thinking of an excuse to buy a set. Of course, now I owe Taygen one!! So I bought a set of Body Parts Silly Bandz, only because I have to pay her back!

Taygen is the daughter of a fellow softball player. Her mom has become a friend of mine, who is also doing a Project 365 with a blogspot blog. Natalie took pictures all day yesterday and posted some on her blog:  Welcome to Graham Central Station. I actually "borrowed" the following picture of Taygen and me!! Thank you Natalie, I hope that you don't mind!!


PS I haven't always stolen from this wonderful family, Taygen gave me the Silly Band!! OK, OK maybe I did steal the picture, but it's a great picture. :)

1 comment:

  1. You are so sweet Emily! Of course I don't mind! Taygan is just thrilled to get attention & she'd hand out all of her bracelets if you or anyone else asked! I'm thinking though it brought you guys good luck yesterday lol!!
    Thanks for being a very fun part of our lives! Hope that you all continue to play together for a long time!

    ReplyDelete