Day 12: After Swimming Sleeping (6/6)



Our new pool is wearing us out. This morning we went swimming at 9 a.m. and then everyone took a long nap and were back in the pool again around 4 p.m. It's been so much fun to watch our kids play in the backyard that Rennie has worked so hard on. They love being in the pool and playing with each other. Listening to Rallie and Wes encourage each other into the water and jumping off the side has been the best part. I think Eisley is going to be the bravest of them all! Gavin is learning to swim without his floaties and loves the slide. 

I never imagined how much time we would spend together and in the pool and summer has just started. Tomorrow our cousins come over to stay for two nights and they will join us in the pool. It's going to be so much fun. The connivence of the pool has been so nice. I do fear the that kids will be too comfortable with the water and I worry about it constantly. They always wear floaties when around the pool now and I am trying to teach them to float without them, just in case. I never want them to be too comfortable in the water. I think having a healthy fear of the water isn't necessarily a bad thing, it just makes me and them more aware. 

The best thing about the pool is that they sleep better at night and during nap time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment