Day 53: Garvis the Babysitter (2/22)




We needed a babysitter today and Garvis graciously offered us his service. We had talked a few days before and I wanted to make sure he thought he could handle it. It's scary knowing that there are two babies and you'll be by yourself. I wanted to make sure he was ok with that.  He even offered to keep Gavin at the house. Usually, Gavin goes to daycare and the twins stay home with a babysitter.

Garvis must of been feeling brave and I tried to talk him out of keeping Gavin too. Alas the baby whisper {as he calls himself!} didn't need much help. He had the twins sleeping in their own crib at one point. A feat I was proud of when I accomplished it myself.

He said it all went well but I do love that he said, "I've decided that anybody born with twins she should be automatically assigned someone to help, like a nannie."

I totally agree, sometimes two hands isn't enough. At times, when I get one baby down, I think to myself if I only had one I could relax but then the other child starts to cry or needs something and off I go again!

At times I use this blog as a diary so I am going to say this: raising one baby sounds so much easier after having twins. I know when I had Gavin, it was difficult and I thought I would never sleep or rest again but now with twins, Gavin as a baby was a breeze and I never realized it!

Good luck to those with a new baby and GOD BLESS those with twins!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment