Day 120: Next Step (2/20)



If you're not into long, personal stories then this post is probably not for you.  Just scroll on down to the next entry. :)

As some of you have noticed {or haven't} there has been no announcement made of a new arrival to the Nickell family. I posted some time back {in November} about our struggles to conceive. 

Apparently what we have been doing hasn't worked. {Pardon my sarcasm!} So we have taken the next step and have become more aggressive in trying to conceive; which is another way to say more expensive! We have ventured into IUI {intrauterine insemination.} Basically, Rennie made a, ahem, deposit at a clinic where they concentrated his boys and then injected them high into my parts at the right time. If you want to read a more scientific approach, be my guest.

To do this took a lot of prep and lots of planning. It's honestly exhausting. In one week, I had to be at the doctor FOUR times. That's the hardest part; luckily I was blessed with a principal that has four children and is very, very understanding.  

I am also BLESSED to have such wonderful friends at my school. Without a doubt, my mom knows every single detail of what we go through on a daily bases. However, she is the only person who is kept informed of our struggles. I am sure that my dad knows but it's my mom that I talk too.

Other members of our family know that we are trying to conceive but for the most part it's not something that we are asked about. I think that people think we don't want to talk about it but the opposite is true. Talking about it helps us get through the days, weeks, months. It helps me personally de-stress about it all. I don't like to keep it all bottle up.

Enter the girls at work!!

They make me smile. :) They are moms and two of them are pregnant now. Talking with them is a life saver, they ask questions everyday and know exactly were I am in my cycle. Weird, I know but it helps.

The picture for today is my friend Angelica. My super life saver! 

This month before we go through the IUI, we had to make sure that I was ovulating at the right time so we made sure I had the right amount of follicles {future eggs} and we "forced" my body into ovulation. I had to give myself a shot. 

I understand that people do this everyday but I was nervous. I hate shots.

We Angelica got it done! Again my super life saver on steroids. 

So tomorrow I head into ANOTHER doctor's appointment for the actual IUI with Rennie. We are told that we should take the next two days easy. I can do that!!

So here we will be in an agonizing two week wait to determine if the IUI was successful. Please think about us and send any prays our way.

We appreciate the support we have received and can't thank those of you enough for helping us through this time in our life.

1 comment: