Day 7: Softball (5/29)


Because this is my first softball picture (probably of many!) I will tell you why co-ed adult softball is such a large part of our life. So here is the story of how Rennie and I met:

I was at OSU attending college. I was in close to my last year and was playing intramural softball. I wasn't on a really good team, I was pitching and batting pretty close to the top of the line up... (ok ok I was batting fourth!!) but anyway we were getting beat horribly, probably being run ruled because of this I wasn't in the best of moods. Anyway after our bad bad loss, I was walking to my car when this man gets our of his pick-up and approaches me. He asked me if I played co-ed with a team in the city, then asked if I wanted to play league and a few tournaments. I said sure and he told me practice was on Saturday at the city fields. I showed up for batting practice on Saturday and took BP. I was hitting well and then hit one over the fence. After that practice Rennie invited me to league games and tournaments.

I always like to say that Rennie recruited me!! Anyway, we continue to play ball during the summer. It's a wonderful way to relax, hang out with friends, have fun and be active. I always say that I am getting to old to play during the summer but each year I come back. Even Gavin comes along now on our weekend trips around Oklahoma, and sometimes out of state. It's wonderful family time.

Today, we played in Enid, OK. It was a ten team tourney, we won our games and ended up winning the tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment