Day 8: Grandma/pa Schluge (5/30)

Project 365 is only ONE picture a day but I couldn't choose so you get all three!

Grandma and Gavin after a day of swimming. Grandma has 5 children of her own and from those 5 children she has 15 grandchildren and from those 15 grandchildren she has 9 great-grandchildren but 10 if you count the one that's on the way. (Not me!!)  She has pictures all around the house and loves to tell anyone about all her babies! Today when Gavin didn't have any toys she got out some pots and spoons, got down on the floor with him and let Gavin go to town. We are very lucky that at this point in Gavin's life he has all 4 great-grandparents on my side of the family and 1 great-grandparent on Rennie's side of the family.

Grandpa's walker is the best toy!! Every great-grandchild who has visited has loved to play on the walker. Whether it's with the wheels or pulling themselves up on it! It is the best source of entertainment at their house. When Grandpa goes for a walk he has to navigate his way around the babies on the floor wanting to play with the walker. 

I remember going to Grandpa's house when I was younger and he would sing so many different songs to us. Today when he held Gavin he sang the exact same songs. I can only hope that the tradition continues and Gavin will one day remember sitting on great-Grandpa's lap and listening to songs that are way older than he will ever be. I have Grandpa and Gavin on video singing some of the songs and it's something I will treasure for the rest of my life.


Grandma and Grandpa have a pool!! Gavin and I will be spending many days this summer at their pool. Rennie picked up this float today at Walmart. Gavin (and mommy!) loved it. He can still be in the water but isn't dependant on me to be in the pool! 

1 comment:

  1. I was glad Gavin didn't pull my suit lower. But HAPPINESSis playing with my great granchildren.

    ReplyDelete