Day 149: Camping Trip (3/20)


We finally made it camping!

I camped all the time when I was younger. It was our way to vacation. We would head out to campgrounds all around Florida with two or three different families and camp for a week. I LOVED it and wanted Gavin to have that same experience that I had. 

We decided that we would start out slow. Camp only one night and see how it worked out with a two year old in a tent. 

If is wasn't raining hard all night long... the trip would of been perfect!

However, it did rain and we ended up sleeping in puddles of cold water. I was able to sleep a lot of the night but I remember waking up and having to move because water was splashing on my face. Rennie didn't sleep much at all because he is a light sleeper and the rain was loud.

We will definitely try camping again. If we can camp in the rain we camp any where!

Gavin loved the tent and has asked repeatedly for the tent. The campground was perfect with an indoor pool and a playground. Rennie came to this site with Justin when they were younger and it was just like he remember. 

New Nickell tradition in the making!!

No comments:

Post a Comment