Day 50: Finished Christmas Shopping (12/20)

 

When Rennie and I got married our traditions had to become one. We needed to take the things that we did with our own families and mold it into what works for Rennie, me and now Gavin. It's difficult because we are both compromising and changing the ways we did things in the past. However, I think that we did well when it comes to Christmas traditions at the Nickell house. 

On Christmas Eve, we eat dinner with Rennie's mom and family. The three of us come back to our house and open gifts from each other. Rennie gets things for me and I for him and then as Mommy and Daddy we get gift for Gavin which he opens Christmas Eve. On Christmas morning, Santa comes and brings one or two really neat gift(s). When we are ready to move around, we get dressed and head to my Mom and Dad's house for Christmas dinner. 

It's not exactly how I did Christmas when I was younger and not exactly Rennie's traditions either but it's comprise and it works perfectly for us. 

So my picture is my Christmas tree with gifts under the tree for Mommy, Daddy and Gavin {plus family gifts that haven't gone out yet.} We are finally done Christmas shopping! YEA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment