Day 179: It's TWINS! (4/19)


OH MY GOD, I can't believe there are two babies in there! 

We always knew there was a chance that there could be multiples but it was so slight it was only considered jokingly. Rennie and I's conversation right before the doctor entered went like this:

Rennie: "How many do you think is in there?"
Emily: "Uh, one." {like in totally, duh!}
PAUSE
Emily: "Why? How many do you think?"
Rennie: "Two. I always thought two."

I laughed and rolled my eyes. I was blessed to be pregnant and I was happy.

As soon as the doctor started the ultrasound, we immediately saw two separate egg sacks and two yokes!!! I was flabbergasted, no way did I even consider there being two babies. They are fraternal twins, so that means two different eggs and two different sperm. 

Our doctor has put us in a two week wait before "we can tell the world." It's just to make sure that the babies are growing at the same rate. It's a precaution that we are taking seriously. I hope our miracles survive. 

Here's to TWINS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment